About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
To me the thickest of all and what I value most in life is following Jesus Christ. Even being in the thin of discipleship brings me the most joy.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

All good things come to an end

My month in Europe is over, but the memories and friendships will last a lifetime. Here's the picture log of my last week.

The never ending construction project and very
impressive Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. This
is the just the top half of the more beautiful
side constructed by the original architect, 
Antoni Gaudí 

Lower half

This is the newer side. It's done in a Neo-Gothic
format that I didn't care for too much.

Known as the Tower of Hercules, this is the oldest lighthouse
in the world, located in A Coruna, Spain. It was built by the
Romans sometime in the 2nd century AD

I couldn't help myself...after a long day of work
Matt Proctor and I enjoyed a good ol' fashioned
Big Mac. You want to know what it tasted like?
Exactly like every other Big Mac in the world.

Kings College in Cambridge, England. This is probably the
coolest college town in the world. It turns out there really isn't
a "Cambridge University." While most universities are a bunch
of colleges under one entity and one roof, Cambridge U is a
consortium of independently operated colleges. I felt somewhat like
I was in a Harry Potter movie with all of the old and fabulous
buildings and some of the students walking around in their college
robes.

Punting is the popular thing to do in Cambridge. Many of the
colleges are located on the Cambridge river, which used to act
 as a supply route. Now it's loaded with gondola-like boats - a
perfect way to experience Cambridge.


1 comment:

  1. Neat pix. You seem to have lost weight my friend! what did they do to you over there? Just kidding. I bet you walked a lot and had less hormone-fed meat. Happy you enjoyed the big mac ;) Haven't been to Cambridge yet but I really liked Oxford in Englad; Next time I should go to Cambridg and you must pay a visit to Oxford. Happy to have you back soon...

    ReplyDelete