About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
To me the thickest of all and what I value most in life is following Jesus Christ. Even being in the thin of discipleship brings me the most joy.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Twenty-nine go online

Here's what I did: I turned 29 and I joined an online dating site.

Having a family is pretty big deal to me and as far as changing the world goes I don't think there is a bigger way than through marriage and raising a family. A couple of my friends met their eternal companions on LDSSingles.com so I started there. My name is Irrum (Murri backwards) and you can find me here. I still date a lot, but I've yet to seal the deal with Mrs. Right so I figured what the heck.

The hard part was creating my profile and deciding how to market myself. Being a professional marketer I tried to employ all of the tricks of the trade - tell me how I did!


5 comments:

  1. Way to go on expanding your dating horizons. However, I think/ hope you are looking for "MISS Right" not "Mrs. Right."

    Considering how fun, engaging and passionate you are in person, it didn't seem to come through in your profile. It felt very business-like, which would be fine if you were looking for a business partner, not a wife. Just something to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you anonymous. I actually just got lazy with the introduction and stole the blurb I had written for this blog. I'll try and conjure up something a little more fun, engaging and passionate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your profile needs some more info that sounds more like you, the same as the other person and you could always put up a more up to date photo of yourself. I mean if you are serious about meeting someone online then you need to show the person you are. I just know that once you make it my personalized and more you then women would have to be crazy not to respond. Ryan you are an amazing person, your funny, kind and down to earth and if you can find a way to put all of that in an online dating profile then you'll find the right person for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous 2.0 - I took your advice and tried to make it more me, although I still had a little fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Ryan! I like the changes you've made to your profile. Definitely more interesting, appealing, and most importantly, more YOU! Here's hoping you find that special someone soon. It'll be the best thing in your life when you do. :-)

    ReplyDelete