About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
To me the thickest of all and what I value most in life is following Jesus Christ. Even being in the thin of discipleship brings me the most joy.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Europe Week Zwei

I'm starting week drei in Germany (or tre for my Italian friends), but first, here's a recap of week zwei/due/two...I started the week in Milano, Italy and also stopped in Torino, Italy, Cologne, Germany and finally Berlin, Germany. Here are some of the highlights:

Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany - Famous site in Berlin 

Chocolate version of Brandenburg gate. This store was heaven
for chocolate lovers and had the world's best cup of hot chocolate

Dom church in Cologne, Germany. So massive I had to take
two pictures to fit it all in!

Top of the Dom. Quite the marvel rising above
 the very picturesque city

From the top of the Dom. 533 steps to the top.

Currywurst & pomme frites - Berlin treat!

Checkpoint Charlie - Very interesting world history

Most of the Berlin has been destroyed. Here
stands a small piece, in it's original spot, looking
from the East Berlin side 

A quaint version of a co-op in Torino, Italy. Wonderful
local cheeses... 

...expensive mushrooms, apparently very delicious?...

...aging Parmesan, overpoweringly delicious smell...

...aging raw pork hindquarters, overpoweringly not so
delicious smell...

....for my wino friends, incredible selection of local and
imported wines...

...and for my beer drinking friends, the same in a smaller bottle.
What I didn't show is the pasta, bread, fruits, vegetables, meats
and fish and of course chocolate sections. Could have
spent hours in this place. 

Beppe, Dr. Chiara Comalli, Dr. Savio, me, Aldo at the Piazzo
San Carlo in Torino, Italy after a truly delicious 4 hour
Italian dinner.

Cathedral of St. John the Baptist where the Shroud of Turin
is located. I was walking by with the group above and they
mentioned something about a sheet for Jesus in very broken
English. Unfortunately it was midnight so I couldn't see
one of the most famous emblems of Jesus. 

Delicious Italian pasta in Milano

I landed in Cologne, Germany and got to my hotel around 11pm.
I was hungry and asked for some light food before bed. The
concierge sent me to this restaurant and the waiter ordered me this
as I couldn't read the German menu - pork knuckle, mashed
potatoes and sauerkraut - pretty delicious. If this is light
 for Germany,I wonder what heavy looks like?

1 comment:

  1. Nice spots! Yummi treats! Happy smile! I am glad you updated!

    ReplyDelete