About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
To me the thickest of all and what I value most in life is following Jesus Christ. Even being in the thin of discipleship brings me the most joy.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Influenced

Yesterday I met with Dr. Lorris Betz, M.D.,PH.D.  Dr. Betz currently wears 3 hats: Executive Dean of the University of Utah Medical School, CEO of University Healthcare, and Senior Vice President for all Health Sciences at the University of Utah.  He is an extremely impressive individual who regularly turns people away because he doesn't have time.  Luckily I work with him and can get an audience. This particular time I had an idea for which I was requesting support and he was kind enough to lend me a few moments.  I left completely influenced.

Some individuals are blessed with more gift and talent than others and accomplish incredible things in life. Meeting with these individuals has proven to be invaluable for me.

My uncle is also one of these individuals and happens to own a Ferrari.  Last time I was with him he offered to let me take it for a spin this summer.  He said, "Everyone should have the opportunity to take a Ferrari for a spin" and I didn't disagree.  There is something about these experiences that expand the mind and shape the character.  Likewise, everyone should have the opportunity to meet with a Lorris Betz:  it helps us to think big.

1 comment: