About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
To me the thickest of all and what I value most in life is following Jesus Christ. Even being in the thin of discipleship brings me the most joy.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Internet search "mormon"

A friend recently completed a website to promote the Mormon Faith. Many of you know that I am a Mormon. The web site is entitled "Why We Believe" and is used to host peoples' testimonies. I invite you to read my post Here about why I believe in God.

The reason for the website is really quite interesting. Briefly, the Mormon Church (known formally as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) places a huge emphasis on missionary work - essentially recruiting new members. We have a world-wide force of over 50,000 missionaries. Most are 19-year-old boys who pay their own way. The problem is that after all of their hard work to spread their message, people go to the internet and type in "mormon" for the source of all truth. Unfortunately, our church has many bitter enemies who have been using the internet for years to slander our religion. Until recently your internet search would turn up some ridiculous information and you would be scared off of Mormonism forever. But because of the work of people like my friend, internet searches are now turning out much more positive and reliable information.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan, I like the publicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been exciting to see the first group of people join the website and add their testimonies. Thanks for the publicity!

    ReplyDelete