About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
To me the thickest of all and what I value most in life is following Jesus Christ. Even being in the thin of discipleship brings me the most joy.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

the power of $5

Here's a 6 min 11 sec clip from Tina Seelig, a professor of entrepreneurship at Stanford. She had students get into groups and then gave each group $5 and 2 hours to bring back as much money as possible. Watch the clip here:

http://ecorner.stanford.edu/authorMaterialInfo.html?mid=2268

What would you do?

My first thought was to play bigger or better - buy something with the $5 and then go door-to-door asking for something bigger or better. I've only played it once and I went from a one cent paper clip to a $10 soccer ball in 20 min. Replicating that with $5 and 2 hours would yield $30,000. Of course, this probably couldn't be replicated because of decreasing rates of return, but you can get the idea.

Think Big

No comments:

Post a Comment