About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
To me the thickest of all and what I value most in life is following Jesus Christ. Even being in the thin of discipleship brings me the most joy.

Friday, April 15, 2011

India

At the famous Taj Hotel, recently bombed by Pakistani Terrorists

With the Taj Mahal, 1.2 billion bobbling heads, car horns that act as blinkers and pervasive poverty in stark contrast to unbelievable wealth, India proved to be an impressive experience.

 Truly one of the Wonders of the World

This particular trip happened to be an educational experience with classmates, staff and an Alum from the University of Utah. We visited Mumbai, Chennai, New Delhi and Agra and numerous businesses from large multinational companies to the smallest of micro-businesses. In spite of the pervasive poverty, most Indians seemed generally happy.

 Leaving our mark on India - a tradition at Rising Star Outreach, an NGO we helped with

Takeaways:

  1. Just because people are poor doesn't mean they are unhappy
  2. Only in India can opportunities be endless and yet still grow 8-9% per year 
  3. Cricket actually is a pretty cool sport...especially when you experience the world cup first hand

2 comments:

  1. What an experience. And you know, my poor college days were incredible. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am really jealous. I have a dream to go to India. Do you really think the opportunities are endless?

    ReplyDelete