About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
To me the thickest of all and what I value most in life is following Jesus Christ. Even being in the thin of discipleship brings me the most joy.

Friday, April 16, 2010

"it was the best day of my life"

...but I think I missed it.

How do you miss the best day of your life, you might ask?

Recently some incredible people have entered my life.  I won't name names because you know who you are, but these individuals have done incredible things for me and opened up doors and opportunities that, until recently, I've only dreamed about.  The kicker is that I didn't even know about it - I wasn't even present and now I'm reaping the benefits.  More on this in a few months.  

I ask myself why have they been so generous?  What has motivated them?  The only answer that I can come up with is service-based leadership.  Sheer humble, behind-the-scenes altruism and caring.  This post isn't about me - and perhaps it should be retitled because others really deserve all of the credit, but I'm tributing Bon Jovi so I feel OK about it - it's really about them.  All of those individuals who go around quietly making the world a better place.  It is a rare and precious virtue and one that I have much to be grateful for.

1 comment:

  1. RyRy, I've been in your life for too long for this post to be about me. I give up. Who is it?

    ReplyDelete