About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
To me the thickest of all and what I value most in life is following Jesus Christ. Even being in the thin of discipleship brings me the most joy.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

One more month

With one more month left of my European rotation, I'd say my experience has been superb. I've fallen in love with Paris and made some great friends. Here's a recap of the last couple of months.

As you can tell I've been very busy so it's been a while since my last post. I spent Christmas at Zermatt in Switzerland with my parents and little brother and sister. They then came to Paris.
skiing with the fam in Switzerland
Enjoying frog legs for the first time with Mama Murri while she visited me in Paris. Taste like chicken.
At a Christmas concert at the Notre Dame Cathedral with some friends: Lu, Nicole and Lena
A little day trip to Normandy with my family. The American Cemetery at Omaha Beach was my favorite part. Very nicely done.
In January I was very busy preparing for my company's big annual meeting, which was held in Prague.
Most of my time in Prague was spent in meetings, but I did have a chance to sneak into the city on Friday night to see some of the popular attactions
I love my coworkers from the UK. We have a lot of fun together. Here we are at an ice bar in London. The whole bar is made of ice, including the cups.
Ana Karina is one of my best friends in Paris. She is from Mexico and learning the art of the French pastry so she can return to Mexico and open a French patisserie. As we share a love of food she's been kind enough to explore all of the wonderful restaurants in Paris with me. This meringue looks boring, but the inside exploded with the most amazing flavors you can imagine.
She also uses my kitchen to work her magic. In exchange she always shares. I'm always the winner in this trade.
I've had a lot of fun inviting friends over for dinner and special occasions. Here are some of my friends celebrating the birthday of Nicole, third from left. It's weird, but I haven't had the best luck making friends with other guys here in France :)
Last week I went to Austria for work and stayed the weekend. My coworker let me stay with him in Salzburg and we went skiing together in the Austrian Alps. Salzburg is a very nice city with an awesome Castle on a bluff in the middle of the city.

A nice view of the Alps from the castle 
A nice view of the city from the castle
Where Mozart was born
#nosmile #selfienewb #austrianalps
Friday I got my annual bonus. I celebrated by treating myself at the first restaurant in Paris: Le Procope. Opened in 1686, it was the stomping grounds of Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Voltaire and Benjamin Franklin in more "recent" years.
At Le Procope I finally decided to try escargot. With enough garlic and melted French butter it tasted alright. Doesn't taste like chicken.

2 comments: